At Baen eBooks, from End of am Aeon. Science Fiction. [via SF Signal]
- “Patriot Girls” by Amy Sisson
- “The True Story of Merganther’s Run” by David D. Levine
- “Repairs” by T D Edge
- “Evening in the Land of Dreams” by Mikal Trimm
"Ben closed his eyes as he jogged on the bike path through the forest, enjoying the cool misty early-morning breeze on his dead flesh."
At The Colored Lens: "Cotner’s Bot" by D. L. Young. Speculative Fiction.
“A robot didn’t do this.” I said it with flat certainty, though I knew it was the last thing the boss wanted to hear. I flipped through the last couple pics of oil paintings on Nathan’s slate. “But whoever did has decent technique and obviously understands the trends of the last couple decades.”
At Cosmos: "Tar Baby" by Trent Jamieson. Science Fiction.
"Tautomerically Aggressive Replicators. They called it the “Last Resort” and with it the Lunar Militia very nearly won their war of independence. Nearly."
At Daily Science Fiction: "Shimmer" by Amanda C. Davis.
"Bethany Chow is shimmering in the cafeteria like the disco ball they borrow from the seventies for every stupid school dance."
Reviewed at BestScienceFictionStories: "Life on the Moon" by Tony Daniel. Science Fiction.
Now Posted: Lovecraft eZine Issue #18 – October 2012
- "A Counting Game" by Derek Ferreira
- "Carnacki: The Parliament of Owls" by William Meikle.
- "Twenty to Life in the Lonesome October" by Evan Dicken.
- "The Great and Groovy Game" by Joshua Wanisko.
- "My Least Immemorial Year" by Zach Shephard .
- "The Gotterdammerung Gavotte" by Josh Reynolds .
- "Big D, Little D" by Edward Morris .
- "The Blackbird Whistling, or, Just After" by Orrin Grey.
At 365 Tomorrows: "Mining" by Nathan Martin. Science Fiction.
At Weirdyear: "The Pangs" by Jeff Brandt.
At Free eBooks Daily: Ghost Leopard by Lars Guignard. Children's Fantasy.
At Smash Words:
- "Deceptions" by Isabelle Arocho. Fantasy 28k.
- "Earth Biome" by Christian Gutierrez. Science Fiction. 12k.
- "Brainjack" by James Bailey. 7k.
At Cast of Wonders: "Empty Pockets (Part 2)" by James Isaac.
At The Classic Tales Podcast: Carmilla part 3 of 4 by J. Sheridan Le Fanu. Horror.
"Nightmares grow in intensity, and strange sensations blur the line between dreaming and reality"
At Pseudopod: "The Last Reel" by Lynda E. Rucker. Horror.
"Let’s not, he wanted to say, but what came out when he followed her back to the bed was, ‘Three movies featuring a head-in-a-box. Name them."
At Tales to Terrify: "The Stuff of the Stars, Leaking" by Tim Lebbon. Horror.
"A dead sea creature washed up on a remote beach proves to be more mysterious than it first appears."
At Atomic Kommie Comics: "Sting of the Scorpeople" Sci-Fi.
At The Horrors of It All: "Swamp Monster / They Crawl By Night!" Horror.