[The image is for "Meet Xenoceratops: Canada's Newest Horned Dinosaur"
not the OGL monster]
- "5.2 Reasons Jeff Lemire Rocks" (Profile)
- "Where Monsters Dwell - A Goon Intro by Jon Schnepp"
- "Dani Moonstar, Misty Knight And Valkyrie Join An All-New All-Female Superhero Team From Marvel – The Fearless Defenders"
- "What Has DC Comics Done To Alfred?"
- "Mark Millar Talks Kick-Ass 2 Editing"
- Comic Book Resources Announces the new LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Creative Team"
- "Super-Earth Planet: Potentially Habitable Alien World Explained (Infographic)"
- "7 Best-Case Scenarios for the Future of Humanity"
- "Planetary scientists propose two explanations for true polar wander"
- "Astronomers find tantalizing hints of a potentially habitable exoplanet"
- "It moves! Lab-made blob can crawl"
- "Space for the Cost of a Movie Ticket"
- "'Twisted light' idea faces doubts"
- "Vesta: A Protoplanet’s Mutable Surface"
- "8 bizarre tentacled snakes born at zoo" Ai! Ai! Cthulhu fhtagn?
- "Possible Dark Matter Signal Spotted"
- "Meet Xenoceratops: Canada's Newest Horned Dinosaur"
- "Tomb of Ancient Egyptian Princess Discovered in Unusual Spot"
- "Stash of Ancient Jewelry, Full-Figured Statues Discovered"
- "New details on the medieval ‘vampire’ burial"
- "MAP#34 – Medieval Zombies" (Podcast)
- "Anglo Saxon Cures: Bloody Hell" (Podcast)
- "Of Kings and Popes and Law"
- "Happy Hobbit: Blackberrying – Episode 03"
- "Hobbit TV spot #4 — extended!"
- "The Hobbit Invites You To An Unexpected Dinner With New Featurette And Posters"
- "The Hobbit': Peter Jackson’s unexpected journey to three films"
- "More Spoiler Imagery from The Hobbit!"
Gaming News and Views
- "Mega Review: Class Acts"
- "Card Game Review: A Game of Thrones: The Card Game"
- "Leave the Starting Line" (Becoming a GM)
- "Fantasy Class Blending Rules (for Pathfinder)"
- "D&D Next Q&A: Two-Weapon Fighting, Distinctive Maneuvers & At-Will Spell"
- "The Dungeon Is Safer Than the City"
- At DriveThruRPG: "R.E.A.C.T. Campaign Sample Adventure" Multi-system
Retro-reviews and Miscellanea.
- "Spy Smasher" (Film)
- "SHAZAM! (1974) DVD Review"
- "Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Tidbits for 11/9/12"
NO. APPEARING: 2-8
ARMOR CLASS: 2/6
HIT DICE: 10
% IN LAIR: Nil
TREASURE TYPE: Nil
NO. OF ATTACKS: 3
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Nil
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
MAGIC RESISTANCE: Standard
SIZE: L (20'+ long)
PSlONlC ABILITY: Nil
Attack/Defense Modes: Nil
This early ceratopsid dinosaur is in many ways, a smaller, less developed version of its later, more famous, relative Triceratops. Living in small family groups or herds, these animals are extremely territorial and will attack anything that could be perceived as a threat to its young (even when there are no young present). Even smaller, non-threatening, creatures may be attacked if they are perceived by these ill-tempered creatures as being unusual or non-native to the area. Smaller animals are often simply trampled for 2-16 points.
[All stats are OGL, the name is public domain, the description is technically copyright 2012 Dave Tackett, but you may use it freely as long as credit is given]
OSRIC™ and OGL licenses after break [or click on title of this post if "read more" isn't displayed]
OSRIC Open license:
Terms used herein are as defined in the OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a
promulgated by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Open Game Content may only be
Used under and in terms of the Open Game License.
Subject to the other terms of this license, you may do the following:
1. Distribute this document for free or for profit, provided that no change or
addition is made other than adding your name as publisher if the product is
distributed in print, other than by print on demand.
2. Refer in your own products to the name of this document, and indicate
compatibility with the OSRIC system.
3. Produce content that is derivative of the “Licensed IP” material in this document,
provided that your product is not a complete game.
4. Include quotations from the rules set forth in the OSRIC system, provided
that such quotes do not individually exceed 100 words or collectively comprise
more than 10% of your product.
5. Identify parts of your Product Identity as “OSRIC™ Open Content” that may
be used by other OSRIC publishers, but only OSRIC publishers, as if it were
Open Game Content. Note that Open Game Content may not be limited to
OSRIC publishers, only Product Identity.
6. Identify parts of your Product Identity as “OSRIC™ Reference Content,”
in which case other publishers may refer to the OSRIC Reference Content
provided that they identify the source of the reference (your work) and note
on the cover of their product that your product is required in order to use
7. If a publisher fails to identify OSRIC Open or Reference content, that content
will be considered Product Identity, assuming that it is valid Product Identity
under the OGL .
If you do any of the foregoing, you must:
1. Comply with the terms of the Wizards of the Coast (“WOTC”) Open Game
License with respect to any use of Open Game Content.
2. Not violate or infringe upon any trademark of WOTC (moreover, note that
the OGL currently prohibits any indication of compatibility with a trademark
without written permission).
3. Include the following text prominently on the cover or cover page of your
This product uses the OSRIC™ System (Old School System Reference and
Index Compilation™). The OSRIC system text may be found at http://www.
knights-n-knaves.com/osric. The OSRIC text is copyright of Stuart Marshall.
“OSRIC” and “Old School Reference and Index Compilation,” are trademarks
of Matthew Finch and Stuart Marshall and may be used only in accordance with
the OSRIC license. This product is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast.
Complimentary copies of OSRIC material need not be sent to the authors,
but it would be nice.
“Licensed IP” means: all of the material herein, with the exception of the artwork,
trademarks, and title.
Under no circumstance should this license be construed to violate the terms
of the Open Game License, and any term that violates the Open Game License
is to be construed as closely as possible to the original intent within the terms
of the Open Game License.
Open game License Version 1 0a
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright
2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc (“Wizards”). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a)”Contributors” means the copyright and/or trademark owners
who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)”Derivative Material”
means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including
into other computer languages), potation, modifi cation, correction,
addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other
form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c)
“Distribute” means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly
display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)”Open Game Content” means the
game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines
to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an
enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identifi ed
as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered
by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright
law, but specifi cally excludes Product Identity. (e) “Product Identity” means
product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade
dress; artefacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements,
dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions,
likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and
other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters,
spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special
abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural
abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other
trademark or registered trademark clearly identifi ed as Product identity by the
owner of the Product Identity, and which specifi cally excludes the Open Game
Content; (f) “Trademark” means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs
that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated
products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g)
“Use”,”Used” or “Using” means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify,
translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h)
“You” or “Your” means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a
notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in
terms of this License. You must affi x such a notice to any Open Game Content
that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except
as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied
to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3.Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your
acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License,
the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive
license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5.Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original
material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are
Your original creation and/or You have suffi cient rights to grant the rights
conveyed by this License.
6.Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE
portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of
any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You
must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder’s name to the
COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including
as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another,
independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product
Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any
Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing
Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent
Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The
use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a
challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product
Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest
in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identifi cation: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate
which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated
versions of this License. You may use any authorised version of this License
to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed
under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every
copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open
Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written
permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the
terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content
due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not
Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply
with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming
aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable,
such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
System Reference Document copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.;
Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on original material
by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
OSRIC copyright 2006-08 by Stuart Marshall, adapting material prepared by
Matthew J. Finch, based on the System Reference Document, inspired by the
works of E. Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson, and many others.