[Art from "Goliath Falls"]
At Nature: "Goliath Falls" by Taik Hobson.
"Physical analysis of Shifu's Execution concludes an improbable amount of force; it just isn't possible for his body to manoeuvre that amount of energy sans joint augmentation. And yet every time, I end up on the ground. From what I have seen, skill level tends towards a certain personality type; the one that Shifu happens to be demonstrating is No Ego."
At Paizo: "Killing Time- Chapter Three: The Dead Prince" by Dave Gross. Fantasy.
"Locking my gaze to his jaundiced eyes, I made a silent inventory of my weapons: riffle scrolls before me, the Shadowless Sword at my hip, and Arnisant at my feet. Yet for the moment, my most powerful weapon might be a sharp tongue. 'Prince Kasiya of Osirion.'"
- At Daily Science Fiction: "The Trap" by Steven Kahn.
- At Eschatology: "Tip of the Sliver" by Erin Cole Horror.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "The Field Test" by Patricia Stewart. Science Fiction.
At Clarkesworld: "Everything Must Go" by Brooke Wonders.
"Two thick branches of English ivy pull away from 1414’s exterior and wend their way around the corpse. The rusted hinges of its cellar-door croon a lullaby of creaks and whines as they gape wide to receive Lucky. The house pulls the vine-choked body deep inside its walls. Tucked between sheets of plaster and insulation, the dog mortifies; soon the basement reeks of decay. Upstairs, a girl mourns her lost pet."
- Flash Fiction at Every Day Fiction: "His Good Wife" by Tina Wayland.
- Flash Fiction at Flash Fiction Friday: "F3, Cycle 105, Giving Thanks — The Stories"