[Art from "The Tea-Maker's Task" linked below]
• At Black Gate: "The Tea-Maker’s Task" by Aaron Bradford Starr. Fantasy.
During the years of my youth, I had often been forced by circumstance to do the occasional odd task in order to remain solvent. The profits of a Journeyman Gallery Hunter being what they were, I was driven by inexperience into other, less satisfying lines of temporary employ."
• At The WiFiles: "Norm" by Asher Wismer. Speculative Fiction.
"I stapled the last two papers, slipped them into the manila envelope, and sealed it. That was about it; I took the next two hours to practice my marathon kazooing."
- At Daily Science Fiction: "The Race" by Sadie Mattox. Science Fiction.
- At Strange Horizons: "Fairy Beekeeper" by Adrienne J. Odasso. Poem.
• At Author's Site: "The MVP Episode #12" by Scott Sigler. Science Fiction. Football.
"Free agency signings rob the Krakens of two key players, forcing Quentin. Hokor the Hookchest and Gredok the Splithead to scramble for replacements. With only two weeks of pre-season left before the first game, every moment counts."
• At Beam Me Up: The last part of "Call Me Joe" by Poul Anderson. Science Fiction.
"The plot involves an attempt to explore the surface of the planet Jupiter using remote-controlled artificial life-forms. It focuses on the feelings of a disabled man who operates an artificial body" - Wikipedia.