* Despite this post's title, QD does not approve of intoxicating animals, including horses!
[Art from "Neighborhoods" in audio fiction below]
• At Black Gate: "The Death of the Necromancer, Part Four" by Martha Wells. Fantasy.
"It’s basically about a Moriarty-like master criminal and his friends in an otherworldy version of La Belle Epoque Paris with magic, who get involved in a clandestine battle with a sorcerer who seems to be trying to raise the dead."
• At Book View Cafe: "The Tiger’s Shadow" by Leah Cutter. Fantasy.
"No one would ever be able to accuse Betty of being wild, the worst insult she and her cousins could hurl at one another—out of control, not tame, a mere beast; no longer human or tiger, but a creature that none could reason with."
• At HiLobrow: "Theodore Savage - Part 16" by Cicely Hamilton.Science Fiction.
"When war breaks out in Europe — war which aims successfully to displace entire populations — British civilization collapses utterly and overnight. The ironically named Theodore Savage, an educated and dissatisfied idler, must learn to survive by his wits in the new England, where 20th-century science, technology, and culture are regarded with superstitious awe and terror."
• At L5R: "The Shape of a Soul" by Seth Mason. Fantasy.
"As the story of P’an Ku continues to unfold, the Phoenix Council of Masters grows increasingly concerned over ongoing events."
• At WMG Publishing: "Blind" by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. Science Fiction. Detective.
"I think the aliens—and I do believe they were aliens—had come to the Felton Woods forty years ago, and set up a blind. Jane Goodall from Mars, I guess."
- At Daily Science Fiction: "The Silver Witch" by Tara Calaby. Fantasy.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "Tears of a Clown" by Jae Miles. Science Fiction.
- At Toasted Cake: "Shadow Play" by Liz Argall. Audio.
• At Beam Me Up: "Episode #371" Science Fiction.
"In The Mourning - Part 1" by Edward McKeown and "In Plain Sight - Episode 21" by Jason Kahn.
• At WMG Publishing: "Neighborhoods" by Dean Wesley Smith. Near Future Science Fiction.
" a serious look at problems facing urban communities and a quirky answer based on recent experience in crowdfunding"
- At Atomic Kommie Comics: "Spawn of Terror" Sci-Fi. 1950.
- At Digital Comics Museum: Beyond #30. Horror. 1955.
- At Four-Color Shadows: "The Uninvited" Sci-Fi. 1956.
- At The Horrors of It All: "Tank of Corpses" Horror. 1952.
- At Pappy's Pappy's Golden Age Blogzine: "The Glittering Nightmare" Horror. 1959.
- Audio at Crime City Central: "The Blood Dimmed Tide" by Will Beall.
- Comics at The Fabulous Fifties: "Wllie Lumpkin" Humor.
- Fiction at The Western Online: "Rio" by David Harry Moss.
- Fiction at The Western Online: "The Far Rider" by Benedict. J. Jones.
- Fiction at The Western Online: "Just Another Shootin'" by John Laneri.
- Flash Fiction at Every Day Fiction: "Going All the Way" by Sylvia Spruck Wrigley.