[Art from"The Metamorphosis" in audio fiction below]
• At Black Gate: "The Highwater Harbor - Part Three" by Aaron Bradford Starr. Fantasy.
"False panels fell away on every side, revealing the entire hold to be lined floor to ceiling with tiny, latched compartments. Before Yr Neh or I could properly react, each of the hundreds of brass latches clicked from their secure position, freeing the doors to swing open."
• At HiLobrow: "Theodore Savage - Part 21" by Cicely Hamilton. Science Fiction. 1922.
"And word by word, and line by line, Theodore repeated the formula that cut him off from the world of his youth and the heritage of all the ages. It was a rhythmical formula, its phrasing often Biblical; instinctively the prophet, when he framed his new ritual, had followed the music of the old…. Written pages and the stonework of churches might perish, but the word that was spoken endured…. "
• At L5R: "Gates of Chaos, Part 2" by Seth Mason. Fantasy.
"'Now, now, Renyu-san,' Suikihime said casually, as if she were not bound and guarded as a criminal, 'I think your inability to trust your officers might cause you some problems later, if you manage to stay in th-'"
- At Daily Science Fiction: "Demonic Summoning, Ratings and Reviews" by Simon Kewin. Fantasy.
- At Quantum Muse: "Cloudy With A Chance" by Steve Davis.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "Pulped" by Bob Newbell. Science Fiction.
- At Toasted Cake: "The Oracle of DARPA" by Bogi Takács. Audio.
• At Desert Gems Audio: "Tale of the Three Apples from 1001 Arabian Nights" Fantasy.
"begins with the return of the Caliph and Ja'afar who travel incognito about the kingdom. They happen upon an old fisherman carrying a basket upon his head. The Caliph is moved by pity for the old man, and offers him gold in exchange for the first thing that is dredged up, an old chest. A grisly discovery is made inside of a reed basket, containing the remains of young woman."
• At Fantastic Worlds of Edgar Rice Burroughs: "Episode 10 - The People That Time Forgot"
"Tom Billings is now a “guest” in the Kro-Lu village of Al-Tan. Tom’s friend, Chal-Az, tells him that Ajor has escaped the village, fearing that Tom has already departed"
• At LibriVox: "Murder Madness" by Murray Leinster. Science Fiction. Adventure.
"Murder Madness! Seven Secret Service men had completely disappeared. Another had been found a screaming, homicidal maniac, whose fingers writhed like snakes. So Bell, of the secret "Trade," plunges into South America after The Master--the mighty, unknown octopus of power whose diabolical poison threatens a continent!"
• At SFFaudio: "The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka. Surrealistic Fantasy.
"One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections. The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, waved about helplessly as he looked."