Art from Black Gate.
• At Black Gate: "The Serpent of Thep" by Vaughn Heppner. Fantasy.
"Whistles trilled. A drum beat and chains clanked. In the terrible gloom rose three hundred naked oar-slaves: five men to a bench, a four-foot plank covered by sheepskin. None had left the hold for over three weary months, ever since the old hulk had been pried from the crocodile-filled lagoon. The stench was vile, each rower forced to urinate and defecate where he sat."
• At Planet Magazine: "The Final Request" by Sheri Rosen. Science Fiction.
"'Good afternoon, Mr. Whitaker, Charlie,' said the waitress, nodding her head at the old man and young man sitting across from each other in the red booth. 'What will you boys be ordering today?'"
- At Daily Science Fiction: "Zombie Widows" by Natalie Graham.
- At Every Day Fiction: "Captain Quasar and the Pestiferous Pirates of Narvana 6" by Milo James Fowler. Science Fiction.
- At Quantum Muse: "Welcome" by Harris Tobias.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "Scapegoat" by Ian Hill. Science Fiction.
- At Toasted Cake: "Last Man Standing" by Anatoly Belilovsky. Audio. Zombies.
• At Fantastic Worlds of Edgar Rice Burroughs: Episode 1 - Out of Time's Abyss. Adventure.
"Out of Time’s Abyss is a science fiction novel, the third of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ “Caspak” trilogy. In this conclusion, the mysteries of the lost world’s unique biological systems are revealed." - LibriVox.
• At Crime City Central: :"The Case of the Killer Coroner" by Keven McQueen.