• "Mar Pacifico" by Greg Mellor.
"A pale dawn spread across the Pacific as my dead mother emerged from the waves."
• "The Promise of Space" by Jim Kelly
"I haven’t yet had the chance to review that capture. We were married in 2043. Presumably we met before that?"
• "One Flesh" by Mark Bourne and Elizabeth Bourne
"Jupiter’s immense horizon appears flat as a flitter, stretching beyond the reach of vision. Cloud banks the size of continents drift in what might be sky. Organic molecules paint them in autumn colors: oranges and browns and peach and gold. Behind the clouds, the rising sun shines like a silver coin"
• "Out of Copyright" by Charles Sheffield. 1989.
"Troubleshooting. A splendid idea, and one that I agree with totally in principle. Bang! One bullet, and trouble bites the dust. But unfortunately, trouble doesn’t know the rules. Trouble won’t stay dead."
• "First Principle" by Nancy Kress. 2011.
"He was even bigger than I expected. All three of them were. Barb and I watched on the link screen as they waited for the transport bay to pressurize, as they climbed out of the rover. Dr. Langley, in his rotation as council leader, made a welcome speech. The parents managed exhausted smiles, but the boy scowled."
- "Aliens, Robots, Spaceships and . . . Popsicles? SF on American Radio, Then and Now" by Mark Cole
- "Organic Synthesis: A Conversation" with Ken Liu by Jeremy L. C. Jones
- "Another Word: I am an Endangered Species" by Alethea Kontis
- "Editor's Desk: Post-Apocalyptic Publishing" by Neil Clarke
- ART - "Silent Oracle" by Matt Dixon