Today's illustration is from the serial linked below, "The Seventh Execution" by Amber E. Scott.
Now Posted: Flurb #12
- "Fjaerland" by Rudy Rucker and Paul Di Filippo.
- "The Onset of a Paranormal Romance" by Bruce Sterling.
- "The Curse of the Were-Penis" by Emily C. Skaftun.
- "Everything Is Broken" by John Shirley.
- "Pulped And Bound Monsters" by Adam Callaway
- "The Oyster and Alice O." by Anna Tambour.
- "The Robert Armstrong Syndicated Newspaper Strip" by A. S. Salinas.
- "Gertrude and Ludwig Spin A Web" by Justin Patrick Moore.
- "I Can’t Escape From You" by Brendan Byrne.
- "Xuanito" by Ernest Hogan.
- "Big Ripples Without a Splash" by Don Webb.
- "Concerning Tavia" by Martin Hayes.
- "Walls Between Worlds" by Will Ellwood.
- "After the Thaw" by Eileen Gunn.
- "God Felt Regret" by D.N. Calkins.
- "Ghost in Rock" by Ross Gresham.
- "A Return to Paradise" by Tony Peak.
- "Cold Comfort" by Jennifer Rachel Baumer.
- "At the Center of the World" by Kenneth Mark Hoover.
- "Bread Crumbs and Thigh Bones" by Amy Sundberg.
- "Out of Frozen Shadow" by Sylvia Hiven.
- "Expiration Date" by Yeoryios Pantazis.
- "Monkey Talk" by T. Lucas Earle.
- "Justice Like a Mighty River" by Alter S. Reiss.
- "The Coincidence Factory" by Fredrick Obermeyer.
- "Tooth and Claw" by Rina Gonzales.
- "Stranded (with Porkchop)" by Rich Matrunick.
"Extra! Extra! Sex-crazed girls killing local lads in the streets of Newark! Read all about it! It’s 1938 and Kong the Avenger is out to solve the most bizarre case of his short career as a mystery man. He may need a little help from his friends."@Ray Gun Revival: "Galactic Wonders" by Matthew Wuertz. Science Fiction.
"The unpretentious headquarters of Galactic Wonders is a suite of rooms in a one-story building in Naperville, just outside of Chicago. I think the space was designed for a dentist or doctor because there’s a lobby just inside the front door with a sliding glass window on the far wall."
@Aoife's Kiss: "The Suicide Inspector" by J. J. Steinfeld. Science Fiction.
"Though I wasn't a Rebel or a Weasel from the Underground, I once despaired totally of having a sensible place in society. My hopelessness was so thorough that thoughts of death occupied me night and day. My current work now bathes all my previous dark thoughts in the deepest irony. Just a year ago I wished to extinguish myself. I was simultaneously drifting and dangling, questioning the wisdom of the State, a breath away from curses and irrevocable acts."
@Paizo: "The Seventh Execution -Chapter Two: The Faithful False" by Amber E. Scott. Fantasy.
"We retreated into a network of side streets where we could escape if necessary and where we'd easily hear anyone approaching. The night was cool enough to frost our breath. The smell of refuse lingered beneath the familiar city smells of dirt, sweat, horse dung, and boiled potatoes."
@LibriVox: "The Black Star Passes" by John Wood Campbell Jr., read by "KirksVoice"
"A sky pirate armed with superior weapons of his own invention… First contact with an alien race dangerous enough to threaten the safety of two planets… The arrival of an unseen dark sun whose attendant marauders aimed at the very end of civilization in this Solar System."@Wiley Writers: "The Fortress of Solicitude" by Laura Givens. Superhero. [See above]