An eclectic mix of free fiction and interesting news items, for early Sunday. Maybe more later, we'll see.
At L5R: "In Service to the Empire, Part 2" by Seth Mason. Fantasy.
“The esteemed Master of Water,” Moshi Sasako said, bowing to Asako Chukage and his attendants. “I was told that there would be Phoenix observers coming here, but I had no idea we would be hosting such an honored guest.”
Flash Fiction at 365 Tomorrows: "Lonely Lights" by Phro Metal. Science Fiction.
At Beam Me Up: Episode 340 featuring part 2 of Poul Anderson’ s classic “Call Me Joe” and episode 14 of the Dark Inspector series "In Plain Sight."
Old Time Radio
At OTR Plot Spot: "'Never Send to Know" - Quiet, Please ,"The Twonky" - Sci-Fi Radio , and "The Dentist" - Nightfall.Other Genres
At Relic Radio: "Shadow Of The Wings" - Quiet Please. Horror.
Flash Fiction at Every Day Fiction: "Every Year the Circus Comes" by Maureen Wilkinson.Science News
- "So just what is out there beyond the Standard Model?" (Physics)
- "Astronauts Could Survive Mars Radiation, Curiosity Rover Finds"
- "Dawn Vesta Data is publicly available (for real this time!)"
- "Tilt a Black Hole and Watch What Happens"
- "One-Third of Marine Species Remain Undescribed"
- "Mars Rover Is Set to Move On"
- "Mind-reading scan locates site of meaning in the brain"
- "Giant Sun Eruption Captured in NASA Video"
- "Humanity's Drive to Explore Keeps Rolling"
- "Meltwater on Mars Could Sustain Life"
- "The Science of Swords: The Sound of Approaching Doom"
- "Noble and Urban Family-Structures in the Late Middle Ages in the Hungarian Kingdom"
- "Worldest Oldest D20!"
Post a Comment