At Adventures in Fiction: Thieves' Honor, ep 15: "Leaping the Circle" by Keanan Brand. Science Fiction.
"There's still a crowd of unwanted guests—bounty hunters, constables, and a governor's private soldiers—occupying the cargo hold aboard the freighter Martina Vega. The bounty hunters have been told to bring the crew to an unknown enemy"
At The Colored Lens: "Love in the Isle of the Combinators" by Raphael Ordonez. Slipstream.
"Nine choose four and nine choose five is ten choose five. Six hundred fingers flew over the cogs and stops. Slanting sunbeams streamed through the high windows, making gnomons of the workers and gold dust of the whirling motes. It was evening."
Now Posted: The Journal of Unlikely Entomology - Issue 4 — November 2012.
"The Famous Fabre Fly Caper" by M. Bennardo.E-Books
"Denis shifted his body to look and immediately chirped a cheery laugh. "That's no bird, you ignoramus. That's just Fabre."
"The Candy Aisle" by Joanne Merriam.
"My first impression of Phillip is that he is blessed with ignorance. Ignorance of the importance of a good first impression, not to mention the finer points of fashion."
"In Your Own Backyard" by Michael D. Winkle.
"Wendell set his saucer and cup in the sink and looked out the window. His neighbor's teenage son pushed an orange Yazoo mower out of a work shed."
"Invasives" by Sunny Moraine.
"Cassie looks up at the trees, which are still just a little way in front of her. She's clinging to that distance. She had agreed to this camping trip because she had thought off-world camping would be fun. Off-world parks aren't dangerous. They're kept just wild enough."
"Deep, Dark" by Jonathan Maberry.
"We touched down on a State Forestry helipad at the top of Camelback. Morning mist still clung to the off-season ski slopes. The sun was a weak promise behind a ceiling of white clouds that stretched off into the dim forever."
Via Pixel of Ink: 2060: On The Run by Robert Culliga. Science Fiction.
At Free E-Books Daily:
- Haunted Destiny by Kelly Abell. YA. Paranormal.
- Plaguesville, USA by Jim LaVigne. Science Fiction.
- The Loki Variation by Sabrina James Riley. Science Fiction.
- With Heart to Hear by Frankie Robertson. Fantasy Romance.
- "Endeavor" by TMS. Fantasy. 1k.
- "The Legacy of Darkness" by Yu Mao. Fantasy. 6k.
- "The Diffident Hero" by Gord McLeod. Urban Fantasy. 10k.
- "Dreaming Of Darkness" by TMS. Science Fiction. 3k.
- "The Gods Of Gods" by TMS. Science Fiction. 2k.
- "Toy Planets" by James Bishop. Science Fiction.5k.
- "Crossroads" by Rowan Scot-Ryder. . Science Fiction.2k.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "Stranded" by Suzann Dodd. Science Fiction.
- At Eschatology: "Chapter of Transformation" by Jayaprakash Satyamurthy. Horror.
- At Flash Pulp: "Coffin: Change" by J.R.D. Skinner.
At Cast of Wonders: "The Swineherd" by Hans Christian Andersen. YA.
"ONCE upon a time lived a poor prince; his kingdom was very small, but it was large enough to enable him to marry, and marry he would. It was rather bold of him that he went and asked the emperor’s daughter: “Will you marry me?” but he ventured to do so, for his name was known far and wide, and there were hundreds of princesses who would have gladly accepted him, but would she do so? Now we shall see.
- At Comic Book Catacombs: Camilla, Queen of the Jungle Empire in "The Lion Cult" Adventure. 1942.
- At Digital Comics Museum: Worlds of Fear #7. Horror. 1952.
- At The Horrors of It All: "Wings of Horror" Horror. 1951.
- At Seduction of the Innocent!!: Dracula Part one and Part two. 1953. Horror.
- Audio at LibriVox: "The Return" by Walter De la Mare. Psychological Horror.
- Fiction at Online Pulps: "Gore Correspondent" by Joe Archibald. Noir. 1944. And "Long Sam Rides the River" by Lee Bond. Western. 1950.
- Flash Fiction at Every Day Fiction: "The Recital" by Carol Folsom.
But oh! that deep romantic chasm which slanted
Down the green hill athwart a cedarn cover!
A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e’er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!