I'll spare you most of my extra advertising whine. It's just a bit disconcerting to find extra advertisements on QD that I didn't put there and, even worse, are of the fake link type which are more annoying than pop-ups. argh!
[art for Apex Magazine below]
At Weirdyear: "Remembering" by Susan Dale. Weird Fiction.
"David walked with his shadows stretched across the earth: hollow within, soul yearning, heart heavy. Yesterdays, his only companions. With padded steps, he moved onwards: silent, quick."
Now Posted: Apex Magazine Issue 43 – December 2012 (Fantasy, SF, Horror Magazine)
"Blood from Stone” by Alethea Kontis.Now Posted: Dark Recesses Press #13 (final issue). Horror.
"He had no idea that I loved him. He barely acknowledged that I existed, a maid twice over, little more than a shadow in empty hallways. Trapped in unhappy marriage and prisoner in his own castle, he did not conceive that anyone loving him was even possible. The baron was a man of war, not of love."
“Labyrinth” by Mari Ness.
"It is a true enough guess—but the doors open only after they have been marked with the fingernails and teeth of those desperate enough for water to try to claw through bronze and gold before their deaths. Some attempt to outwit us by waiting at the beginning of the maze or some other place for a time, hoping we will let down our guard, or that we, too, will grow weary with hunger and thirst."
“Relic” by Jeffrey Ford.
"Out at the end of the world on a long spit of land like a finger poking into oblivion, nestled in a valley among the dunes, sat The Church of Saint Ifritia, constructed from twisted driftwood and the battered hulls of ships. There was one tall, arched window composed of the round bottoms of blue bottles."
- "Post-American Princess" by Abby Goldsmith,
- "Three Second Memory" by Anna Schwind.
- "Borderland Fancy" by Mekenzie Larsen
- "Where The Wiffle Ball Went" by Geoffrey W. Cole.
- "Club" by Drew Wilcox.
- "Three Grams" by Jamie Lackey.
- "Rosie’s Knife" by J. Adrian Cook.
- "The Dead Factory" by Chris Stageman.
- "13" by Craig Wallwork.
- "Wood & Flesh" by Sunil Sadanand.
"Fiction by K.S. Dearsley, Sarina Dorie. Bev Elliott, Joanna Michal Hoyt, Nathaniel Katz, Tim McDaniel, Kate O'Conner, Travis Omernick, Shane D. Rhinewald, and Mark Wolf"
At Flashes in the Dark: "Secrets" by Jim Harrington. Horror.
At New Scientist: "Too good to be true" by Jouni Sarkijarvi. Science Fiction.
At New Scientist:"Go D" by Michael Rolfe. Science Fiction.
At 365 Tomorrows: "Cerebral Mechanics" by Desmond Hussey. Science Fiction.
At The Dream People: ("stylized fiction that escapes the boundaries of reality")
- "Incendiary" by Grimley Bogue.
- "Butter Pat Babies" by Steve Rasnic Tem.
- "Preamble" by KJ Hannah Greenberg.
- "Stockholm Syndrome" by Lucy Mihajlich.
- "Painting" by Sayuri Yamada.
- "Konfessin Mouser K." by AE Reiff
- "The Seven-Faced Bird" by William Cheshire.
- "Eyes Like Dark Chocolate" by Stephen Gordon
- "Jolly and Old" by William R. D. Wood.
- "Anticipations" by Isabelle Arocho. Urban Fantasy. 43k.
- "The First Vampire (Prequel to Venefica)" by Ashleigh Neame. YA Fantasy. 14k.
- "The Isk Rider of Bazuur" by Chris Turner. Fantasy. 15k.
- "Odin's Gift" by Michelle Sonnier. Fantasy. 2k.
- "Sinners' Breakast" by Scott Weaver. Horror. 2k.
- "Psychonaut" by K.Z. Freeman, Science Fiction. 9k.
- "The Second Chance" by Joseph DiMari, Science Fiction. 5k.
- The Eldridge Conspiracy by Stephen Ames Berry. Time Travel
- Foretold: Betrayed By Desire by E.S. Tilton. Paranormal Fantasy.
- Path of Seven by Norman S. Robertson. Science Fiction.
- At Dragonsfoot: "The Tallfellow Point of View" Article.
- At DriveThruRPG: Pathways #21 Magazine. Pathfinder.
- At DriveThruRPG: Game Geek Issues #36 Magazine. RPGs
- At DriveThruRPG: Town Square Clock Tower Paper Model.