[Art from "Sirens of Space" in Comics below]
• At Author's Site: "A Word from the World" by Lawrence Santoro. Horror. (poorly formatted)
"The snow had started the day before. The sun was bright in a clear sky and it snowed! Each flake caught the sun. Sparkles swam in the air living along the wind. People passing on Cottage Street looked up to the clear air to let the cold colors hit them in the eye, or on the glasses."
- At Flashes in the Dark: "A Red Summer's Morning" by Henry Peter Gribbin. Horror.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "The Game of Life" by Desmond Hussey. Science Fiction.
- At Weirdyear: "Cycle of the Gods" by David Edward Nell. Weird.
• At Macabe Fantasy: "The Statement of Randolph Carter" by H. P. Lovecraft. Horror.
"I repeat to you, gentlemen, that your inquisition is fruitless. Detain me here forever if you will; confine or execute me if you must have a victim to propitiate the illusion you call justice; but I can say no more than I have said already. Everything that I can remember, I have told with perfect candour."
• At The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences: "The Cross of Columba" by Doc Coleman". Steampunk.
"Agent Bryan Teague travels from the London offices to a remote area of Scotland on the call of Lord Pennyfarthing, a self-proclaimed scientist and specialist in ancient and rare fauna. Agent Teague arrives to find his skepticism of Pennyfarthing’s previous follies on finding a traumatised valet and a dying English lord with an incredible fish story…"
• At Redecorating Middle-Earth in Early Lovecraft: The Snergs by E.A. Wyke-Smith. YA Fantasy. [via Forgotten Classics]
"which J.R.R. Tolkien read to his children and acknowledged as a sourcebook for his The Hobbit. This is a most clever and delightful story. But you don’t have to take my word for it. Take Tolkien’s: 'I should like to register my own love and my children’s love of E.A. Wyke-Smith’s Marvellous Land of Snergs...'"
• At Tales to Terrify: "Show No 49" Horror.
"A Word from the World" by Lawrence Santoro.Comics
"The Spirit of Christmas" by James Lovegrove.
No description found
- At Atomic Kommie Comics: Kenton of the Star Patrol - "Sirens of Space" Sci-Fi (1951)
- At Fiction House & Standard Horror. Many horror stories from the early 1950s (via THOIA)
- At Four-Color Shadows: Black Roger - "Lady in the Iron Mask" Adventure. Pirate. (1950)
- At The Horrors of It All: "The Cannibal!" Horror. (1953)
- At Pappy's: "Back to Yesterday" Paranormal. (1949)
• At Redecorating Middle-Earth in Early Lovecraft: "Five Favorite Bilbo Baggins-Centric Songs" Fantasy Music.
- Audio at CraftLit: "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift. Commentary then story.
- Audio at Every Picture Tells a Story: "Sobieski" by Mick Bordet.
- Audio at Mahabharata Podcast: The Mahabharata (English language re-telling of the ancient epic. 100 episodes complete)
- Flash Fiction at Every Day Fiction: "The Doll" • by Rachel J Bailey.