• At Gollancz:: "Grumpy Jonnic" by Nathan Hawke. Fantasy. [via SF Signal]
"Some days it seemed that every other Marroc in Andhun was called Jonnic. The harbour was full of them. There was Angry Jonnic and Laughing Jonnic and Fat Jonnic and Thin Jonnic and about a dozen others. Now and then, Grumpy Jonnic wished he’d been bald or red-headed or something else more obvious, but fate had endowed him with a dour demeanour and an unremarkable unkempt appearance, and so Grumpy Jonnic he was, like it or not."
• Now Posted: The Lorelei Signal Jul-Sep 2013
• "Bogle-Baine and Bogle-Dhu" by Andrew Frew. Fantasy.Flash Fiction
"Dora comes face to face with 2 Scottish Legends and learns that some paranormal entities might not be so threatening if one took the time to know them."
• "Daddy's Little Girl" by Teel James Glenn. Fantasy.
"Elinda was home alone waiting for a stranger she had met onthe internet. It was her first time having someone over and what could go wrong with someone who called himself 'sukyurblud20?'"
• "Her Quest for a Beating Heart" by Erin Cole. Fantasy.
"Lumen is no ordinary witch on no ordinary journey, trailing a demon who seeks to cripple her. But only one person wieldsthat kind of power, one who has much to lose."
• "Lil" by Dana Bell. Fantasy.
"Men say they know what the oldest profession is. Are they sure?"
• "Revelations" by Kristina R. Mosley. Fantasy.
"When Brenda and her husband Michael try to spread the word of God, they learn that a would-be convert may have a more direct link to the Almighty."
• "She Shall Have Music" by Judith Field. Fantasy.
"Katy’s trying to get to her audition, but events are conspiring against her. It’ll take magic if she’s to make it on time. A meeting with a fellow-musician could provide the key."
• "Skin and Bones" by Kelly Madden. Fantasy.
"What if everyone in the future is perfectly thin and attractive... but that's not your idea of beauty? Read 'Skin and Bones' to discover how body image is definitely in the eyes of the beholders."
• "The Specters of Haveroan" by Heidi Wainer. Fantasy.
"When a head injury causes Lady Marsa Haversted to start seeing ghosts, she wonders if she is going mad. She soon discovers that not only are the ghosts real, but they hold thesecret to a family heirloom that could lead to the salvation of her community."
• "Tag Team" by Siobhan Gallagher. Fantasy.
"Neither Grandma nor Mr. Wolf get any respect, so they decide to cook something up."
At The Lorelei Signal:
- "Smeerf Hunting" by Guy Anthony De Marco. Fantasy.
- "Queen Cinderella, on the Pardon of her Stepsisters" by Chuck Von Nordheim. Fantasy. Poetry
- "Of Cabbages and Kings" by Helen R Peterson. Fantasy.
• At 365 Tomorrows: "Sisyphus Redux" by Susan Nance Carhart. Science Fiction.
• At Amazon: The Devil’s Fire: A Pirate Adventure Novel by Matt Tomerlin. [via Pixel of Ink]
At Free eBooks Daily:
- Old World by Oliver Kennedy. Zombie Horror
- Valens Remembered by Sherrel Lee. Fantasy.
- Fables and Fantasies by Dale T. Phillips. Fantasy/Fairy Tale/Fable
- Progeny by Patrick C. Greene. Fantasy.
- A Touch of Honor by J.P. Grider. Paranormal Romance.
- The Eleventh Universe by Jim Fostino. Fantasy.
- Blood for Wolves by Nicole Taft. Fantasy Romance.
- Redwall by Brian Jacques. YA Fantasy.
- Love is Darkness by Caroline Hanson. Vampire.
- Guardian by Tamara Gill. Fantasy Romance.
- Nightmares of a Dreamer: Flight by Rain E Drew. Fantasy Romance.
- Forbidden Light by Leigh Bingham. Fantasy.
- Martin's Story, Let No One Put Asunder by Donna Crupi. YA Fantasy Romance.
- Galloglass by Seamus O'Griffin. Adventure.
- "Discarded in the Land of Namzirk" by Cory. YA Fantasy.
- "Lullaby" by Buddhima soni. Paranormal.
- "Rez Diamond: Creation" by Geltab. Fantasy.
- Green Planet by Anthony E. Southby. Children's Fantasy. 89k words.
- "Day of the Dead - A Viking Tale" by Petteri Hannila. Historic Fantasy.
- "Road Kill And Everything In-Between" by Stephen Craig. Horror.
- "Gold Rush" by Mitchell Mendlow. Alternate History.
- Make Mine Hemlock, Please by Glenn Campbell. Science Fiction. 87k words.
- "Appearances, they Deceive" by Geltab. Science Fiction.
- "Under Water" by Thomas Allyn Payne. Science Fiction.
- Tales of the Solar Rangers: The Time Thieves of Mars by Victoria Young. Space Opera. 56k words.
- At Atomic Kommie Comics: "Attack on Planet Mars- conclusion" Sci-Fi. 1951.
- At The Comic Book Catacombs: "The Long Reach of the Hairy Arm" Adventure. 1949.
- At Four Color Shadows: "Boy Meets Ghoul" Horror. 1953.
- At The Horrors of It All: "The Ghoul of Eldritch Manor!" Horror. 1953.
- At Pappy's Golden Age Comics Blogzine: Flying Saucers. Sci-Fi. 1952.
• Audio at Selected Shorts: "Dogs and Dates" host John Lithgow.
• Flash Fiction At Every Day Fiction: "Statement of Art" by Jessica Payseur.
• Pulp Fiction at Online Pulps:
- "The Midnight Clear" by A. C. Abbott. Western. 1953.
- "G-Man Friday" by Joe Archibald. Noir. 1937.
- "Flatfoot Snare" by Dennis Layton. Noir. 1942.