• At Black Gate: “The Keystone - Part III of The Tales of Gemen" by Mark Rigney. Fantasy.
"Velori shot awake, screaming, her legs a kicking flurry as she tried to free herself from her bedroll. Her alarm cries startled the mules, and they added their ear-splitting brays to the din. At the far side of their smoldering campfire, Gemen blinked himself to wakefulness, tried to sort out the torrent of sound, and began yelling for Velori to stop hollering. Only Dorvic remained silent."
• At Cast of Wonders: "The Carmel B Crazies" by Rick Kennett
"On the day she turned seventeen Cy De Gerch peered through a window into rusty red desert and saw her future squatting darkly in its launch cradle."
- At Daily Science Fiction: " The Programmer and the Social Worker, or, A Love Story about Feature Creep" by Tina Connolly. Science Fiction.
- At Flashes in the Dark: "Red Flags" by Richard J. O’Brien. Horror.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "Sunless" by Desmond Hussey. Science Fiction.
- At Toasted Cake: "Prairie Star" by Cat Rambo.
• At Author's Site: "Bones are White #4: Beam Up on Aisle Five, Part 1" by Scott Sigler. Science Fiction.
"A new story and a rare foray into scifi/noir/comedy. Join Rabbi and Big Ugly as they stumble into quite a bit of trouble up on New Hoboken Station. Just hope you don't wind up with a pile of pomeranian poo on your forehead."
• At LibriVox: Frankenstein (Edition 1831) by Mary Shelley Wollstonecraft. Gothic Horror.
"A mentally unstable genius, Victor Frankenstein, inspired by the dreams of ancient alchemists and empowered by modern science, creates a humanoid but fails to nurture and educate it after it comes to life. It wanders alone into a hostile world, where fear of its size and ugliness subjects it to violence and ostracism, which in time it learns to blame upon its maker."
• At LibriVox: "The Secret of The Ninth Planet" by Donald Wollheim. Science Fiction
"An alien race has put a station on Earth and other planets in order to steal the rays of the sun, possible causing the sun to nova within two years. Burl Denning, a high school student, is the only person who has the power to stop the alien project. Can he and the crew of the experimental space ship Magellan act in time to save the Earth"