Friday, September 20, 2013

We Wants It My Precious! We Wants All the Free Fiction!

The weekend's almost here! There's some good free fiction this morning, including stories from Buzzy Mag and Daily Science Fiction, serials from Mad Scientist Journal and HiLobrow, and audio from Tales to Terrify.  There also Flash Fiction and more.  [Art from Farther Stars Than These, a flash fiction website making it's QuasarDragon debut]





Fiction
• At Buzzy Mag: "Shattered" by Davyne DeSye. Fantasy.
      "Come in, come in, and welcome! See something you like? Looking for anything in particular? Oh, no problem, no problem. Just look, and let me know if I can help with anything."

• At Daily Science Fiction: "The Titanium Geisha" by Elias Barton. Science Fiction.
     "Cannery Beach is where it all started. While my brothers and sisters abandoned it years ago for prestigious careers in New York and Los Angeles, I was always drawn back, drawn back, drawn back to the place where robots love to tread. I enjoyed seeing the different models released each season: the utilitarian, the intelligentsia, and the Semiprecious Sensuals as Dad called them."

• At HiLobrow: "The Man with Six Senses - 11" by Muriel Jaeger. Science Fiction. 1927.
     "Michael’s methods also nonplussed the Stunt correspondent. He had expected the usual paraphernalia of spiritualism — a séance, crystal-gazing, planchette — that kind of thing. These would have provided him with material for picturesque description."

• At Mad Scientist Journal: "Dr. Derosa’s Resurrection: Part III" by R.G. Summers. Science Fiction.
       "After my phone call with Mr. Charlie, I went directly to the salon down the street. He had told me that he would send a plane immediately and that I only needed to be at the Renton Municipal Airport by ten-thirty that night. I took pictures of my mother to the salon so that the hairstylist would know exactly how to cut my hair. It was more eerie than melancholy to watch her hack off my hair."

Flash Fiction
Audio Fiction

• At LibriVox: Uncle Wiggily's Travels by Howard R. Garis. Children's Animal Fantasy.
        "This is the second of 79 Uncle Wiggily books published and contains another selection of bedtime stories from those originally published in the Newark Evening News every day except Saturday for over 40 years. Uncle Wiggily Longears is a loveable rabbit who suffers from rheumatism and has many woodland friends and innocent adventures."

• At Tales to Terrify: "No. 89" Horror. Dark Fantasy.
     “And the Coyotes Sang” by S. A. Hunter, narrated by Antoinette Bergin and “Grandmother’s Road Trip” by Cat Rambo. - "The sound of the car wheels whispering along the road meshes with Grandmother’s snores and the faint noise of my mother’s humming as she drives. She prefers not to have the radio on during long trips." - text here.

Other Genres

No comments: