Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Free Fiction

Made it. Didn't know if I was going to be able to post after all. A few good ones here today.











@Lightspeed: "Just Another Perfect Day" by John Varley. (1989) Science Fiction.
"I know how you’re feeling. You wake up alone in a strange room, you get up, you look around, you soon discover that both doors are locked from the outside. It’s enough to unsettle anybody."
@Daily Science Fiction: "Trails" by James Bloomer.
"Clarke stood on the dunes, watching the party coalesce on the beach. Over the horizon, and the grey swell of the ocean, lay Africa. Beyond their borders. Outside. Lands of suffering."
@Pixel of Ink [Kindle]:
@Smashwords:
Serial Fiction
@Author's Site: "The Journals of Doctor Mormeck’s Avatar–Entry #9" by Jeff VanderMeer. SF.
@Strange Horizons: "The Rugged Track (part 2 of 2)" by Liz Argall.
@White Wolf: "Silent Knife (part 16)" by David Nurenberg. Horror.







@PodCastle: "The Duke of Vertumn’s Fingerling" by Elizabeth Carroll, read by Tina Connolly.
After I opened my eyes they dressed me in silk. A bone-white gown slipped over my head and I raised my arms for it like a child. With my hair undone, I must have looked like a bride. I was nothing of the kind.
@LibriVox: "The Time Machine" by H. G. Wells, read by Mark Nelson.
"H.G. Wells’ classic science fiction-fantasy story, in which a scientist known only as “The Time Traveller” tells the tale of his journey to the year 802,701 A.D. and beyond, where he witnesses the end of human civilization as we know it, as well as the beginning of the end of the world. "
@Lightspeed: "Just Another Perfect Day" by John Varley, read by Stefan Rudnicki.

No comments: