• Now Posted: Black Treacle #3. Horror. Dark Fantasy. Mature readers only [via SF Signal]
“Getting Shot in the Face Still Stings” by Michelle Ann King.Flash Fiction
"Dom doesn’t lose his temper as easily as his brother, so normally he’s the one who deals with it when shit goes pear-shaped. But shit has been going pear-shaped a lot lately, and by the time Dom gets to the warehouse Marc is already in full swing. Literally–he’s gone after poor Jimmy with a nine iron."
“Waking Up from the American Dream” by David Annandale.
"Oh yeah. Satanic ritual abuse syndrome. Was big in the 80s. Destroyed a lot of families. Patricia was ready to sue hers. Was all set to go to trial and [...] she dropped the suit. [...] Well, her parents discovered a physical examination she’d undergone about a year prior. Turns out, she was a virgin. None of it happened."
“The Autobiography of Jeffrey Kline” by Laura-Marie Steele.
"Della wiped the outcropping of books from her brow. Damned things were appearing more frequently. She flicked aside a copy of Jeffrey Kline’s autobiography as small as the nail on her little finger. She wouldn’t have minded so much if she sweated classics, but the trash that came from her pores was just embarrassing."
- At Every Day Fiction: "The Curse of Having Been a Man" by Ann Wilkes. Fantasy.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "It all Makes a Difference" by James McGrath. Science Fiction.
At Free eBooks Daily:
- Cobra's War by C.S. Mason. Fantasy.
- Tethered Twins by Mike Essex. Dystopian Adventure.
- Limerence by Claire C Riley. Dark Paranormal Romance
- Promise by Kristie Cook. Paranormal Romance
- "Leaving Traces: Treasure of the Guardos" by Jennifer Moreland. Fantasy.
- "Marick and the Rat Demon" by Kevin Harkness.YA Fantasy.
- "F-Infinity Saga Canto I" by James D.R. Smith. Contemporary Fantasy.
- "Ambush" by Andrzej Galicki. Fantasy.
- "Don't Rhine on My Parade" by Erin Evans. Contemporary Fantasy. 82k words.
- "Sleeping Beauty: Danger Within " by Chris Van Dyk. Fantasy.
- "The Broken Needles" by Arch DeNight. Horror. Occult.
- "Have a Bad Day: Seven Stories of Sickness, Sin, and Psychopaths" by Ross Willard.
- "Summer of Zombie 2013" by Various. Horror. 60k words.
- "Remnants: A Record of Our Survival" by Daniel Powell. Science Fiction. Apocalyptic.
- "The Zombies of Lancaster" by Jason Scimita. 78k words.
- "Rescue Mission to the Stars" by Philip Benge. 74k words.
- "The Bacco Stick" by Loin Bowen. Science Fiction. Apocalyptic.
- "Computations of Flesh and Starlight 1.1 (Sympathy-B)" by M.R. Adams.
• At SFFaudio: "Mother Of Toads" by Clark Ashton Smith. Horror.
"The voice of Mere Antoinette, the witch, was an amorous croaking. She ogled Pierre, the apothecary's young apprentice, with eyes full-orbed and unblinking as those of a toad. The folds beneath her chin swelled like the throat of some great batrachian. Her huge breasts, pale as frog-bellies, bulged from her torn gown as she leaned toward him."