Running very late, but here are a few good freebies to start the weekend.
- At Every Day Fiction: "Served" by Micah Joel. Science Fiction.
- At 365 Tomorrows: "Dreamstim" by Travis Gregg. Science Fiction.
- At The Way of the Buffalo: "Dueling Drabbles with Hugh O'Donnell and Cliff Lowe." Audio.
- Son of Eden by Brianna Merrill. YA Paranormal Romance.
- Taken by Charlotte Abel. YA Paranormal Romance.
- Hudson House by J.T. Warren. YA Horror.
- Déjà Vu by Ian Hocking. SciFi Thriller.
- The Mirror of the Soul by J. Lloyd Morgan. Fantasy.
- Marysvale by Jared Southwick. Fantasy.
- EleMental: A First-person Shooter by Steven O'Connor. YA Science Fiction.
- Connected by Simon Denman. Science Fiction Thriller.
- The Former World by Jessica Grace Coleman. Paranormal Mystery.
- The Clockwork Cathedral by Heather Blackwood. Fantasy.
• At Escape Pod: "My Heart is a Quadratic Equation" by Shane Halbach. Science Fiction.
"She used the lull in the conversation to take a pen out of her pocket. Idly she doodled the inside of a hydrogen-powered rocket on a spare cocktail napkin. It was a nice restaurant, she’d give him that. He’d even ordered wine. Big spender. She added an extra fin to her schematic, for stability.
He broke the silence. 'Chrysanthemum is an unusual name.'"
• At Pseudopod: "At The End Of The Passage" by Rudyard Kipling. Horror.
"The sky is lead and our faces are red / And the gates of Hell are opened and riven / And the winds of Hell are loosened and driven, And the dust flies up in the face of Heaven / And the clouds come down in a fiery sheet / Heavy to raise and hard to be borne "
• At Tales to Terrify: Episode #74. Horror.
“Bespoke” by Jessica M. Broughton and “Look Away” by Steven Thomas Howell
- Audio at The Classic Tales Podcast: "The Ballad of Reading Gaol" by Oscar Wilde.