• At Anotherealm: "Shake" by J. Michael Shell. Speculative Fiction.
"On weekdays, an old man hovered there near the antique, crank cash register. But on weekends, the boy—who was the old man’s nephew—assumed the task of ringing up the purchases of Nikola’s few, but faithful, patrons. “Uh...hi!” the boy said. There was surprise in his voice, as Maryanne had never spoken to him before—even when he had sheepishly tried to engage her in conversation."
Now Posted: Crossed Genres Magazine 2.0 - Issue 9: Deadline (September 2013)
• "Depth of Perception" by D.A. D’Amico.Audio Fiction
"The rifling on eighteen-twelve veered sharply downward, losing the bilateral symmetry of the main corridors. Cetus noticed too late, sliding through the unexpected incline. He landed upside down in a tight spherical chamber filled with stalactites of formed metal and plastic."
• "A Quest For the Vulture Gods" by Melissa Yuan-Innes
"The princesses had barely gone a day when the elder one detected a man on horseback following them. Aying had ears as sensitive as a hare’s, a useful thing in a princess."
• "The Wind Harp" by Athena Andreadis.
"When Némi Ferái Kámi-o sent me a formal summons, I took more than usual care with my appearance. Not that it would matter to him – his retainers, conscious of the length and renown of the Kámi-o lineage, constantly complained about his informality"
• At Beam Me Up: "Star Bright" by Tsana Dolichva. Science Fiction.
No description found.
• At Amazon: For Odin, for Thor, for Asgard by David Scholes. Fantasy.
At Amazon: [via Freebook Sifter]
- The Evil Evil Dark Times Part 1 by Roman Thorp.
- Falestian Heir (The Imperium Saga: The Warlord Trilogy) by Clifford B. Bowyer. Fantasy.
- The Bloodletter's Curse (The Bloodletting Trilogy) by George Layton. Paranormal.
- The Lords of Heaven (Trilogy) by Malcolm Powell. Science Fiction.
- Tales of a (Mostly) Dead Planet: An Original Zombie Anthology by Robert Morganbesser. Horror.
- The Isis Stone by A. C. Grant. Fantasy.
- Darkness Reigns by Donald Franck and Francine Franck. Post Apocalyptic.
- Discovery the Forest of Emmitaenu by Antonia L. Arcella. Paranormal.
- The Chameleon Society by William Sharp. Time Travel.
- Immortal Conquest (The Immortal Epic) by Kevin D. Blackmon. Contemporary Fantasy.
- Megan: Breadcrumbs For The Nasties Book One by Steven Novak. Post Apocalyptic.
- The Widow's Warning by Jamie Tinker. YA Fantasy.
- Pushed to the Stars, Part 1 -- One Step Forward by Larry Morris. Science Fiction
- The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles: Book One) by A.D. Seeley. Paranormal.
- Grace Lost (The Grace Series) by M. Lauryl Lewis. Horror.
- Timesplash: A Timesplash Novel by Graham Storrs. Science Fiction.
- Twice-Told Tales: An Anthology (Cafe Crashers: Collected Works). Fairy Tales.
- Mary Bennet and the Bloomsbury Coven (Regency Magic) by Beth Deitchman. Historical Fantasy.
- Active Shooter (Coach Z) by M.D. McAllister. Zombies.
- Dragonsong (The Canticles of Andurun) by Ian Curtis. Christian Fantasy.